Child Visa

Child Visa

Every child regardless of his/her age must have a child visa UAE. However, children aged 15 or younger do not have to have the biometrics (fingerprinting), or even medical tests. You as a parent can sponsor your male child up to 18 years of age, and thereafter up to 21 years if he is enrolled in a full time university or college degree. You can also sponsor your female child as long as she remains unmarried.


  • You as a parent must have a UAE residence visa.
  • Your least monthly salary should be Dhs.4,000 or Dhs.3,000 along with accommodation allowance from your company.
  • You also must have a birth certificate of the child.
  • Your marriage certificate is also required
Although, it is the father who generally sponsors the child for getting his/residence visa, but in certain cases (like when the father has lost his job) the mother has to sponsor the child. She can sponsor her children below 18 years and not married. This will not include university or college students, unless a certificate proving that they are below 18 years of age and unmarried is submitted.

Conditions for specific cases:

  • In case of a divorced mother, she must submit an attested (UAE government) child custody verdict from a court.
  • In case of a single mother, she must submit a child custody verdict from the local court, which also is attested by UAE Government officials.

Documents required

  • Two photographs of your child (passport-sized and colored).
  • Your passport and Emirates ID both original as well as copies (copy in color).
  • Your attested employment contract.
  • Your attested salary certificate.
  • Your UAE residence visa both original and copy.
  • Tenancy contract in your name or in the name of the company you are working for.
  • Health insurance proof for the child.
  • Attested birth certificate of the child.
  • Your IBAN (International Bank Account Number)

Step by step procedure

  • Fill out the application form for getting an entry permit for your child through DOCMAN.
  • Provide the necessary documents including the child’s birth certificate, Ejari, copy of the passport of the child, his/her photo with a white background, plus your original passport and Emirates ID.
  • It takes around 3-4 working days for getting the entry permit, after you submit the required documents.
  • On getting the entry permit, your child can travel to Dubai.
  • After getting the entry permit, you have a period of 2 months to obtain his/her Emirates ID, insurance and child visa Dubai stamping on the child’s passport. (Kids below 18 years of age will not require to take any medical examination)
  • You can apply for child’s visa, once you receive his/her Emirates ID and insurance.
  • It takes around 2 days to obtain a child visa stamped on his/her passport.

Renewal of child visa UAE

Your child visa must be renewed as soon as it expires to save yourself from fines and other legal consequences. You get a grace period of 30 days to renew the visa of your child from the date of its expiry.

Requirements for renewal

The conditions and requirements for renewing your child visa UAE are quite similar to those you followed when you got his/her resident visa for the first time.

Basic requirements include:

  • You must have a valid UAE residence visa yourself.
  • You must have an insurance card (mandatory in Dubai and Abu Dhabi)
  • You must have your child’s renewed identity card issued from ICA, or must have the original receipt of registration showing that you have applied for renewal with ICA.

The following documents are needed:

  • Your original passport
  • Colored photograph of your child

New born child visa

If you are looking for a new born baby visa Dubai, you should apply for it within 120 days of his/her birth, failing which, you will have to pay a fine of 100 Dirhams for each day beyond the deadline. Application process is same as that for getting a child visa in Dubai. You would require the same kind of documents including a birth certificate, passport and Resident ID application form.

Put Docman at your service

Other Services