Spouse Visa

Spouse Visa

Thinking to get your husband/ wife to Dubai! If yes, then as a sponsor you must apply for a spouse visa Dubai, so that he/she can live in the country without any trouble. Docman is a registered and trustworthy document processing service provider that can help you throughout the process. In this guide e shall be discussing about what all will you be require and all about getting a residence visa for your husband or wife.


You need to have a minimum monthly salary of 4000 AED, or 3000 AED if you have accommodation, in order to apply for a residence visa for your spouse in UAE. This is the qualification for a husband applying for his wife visa UAE. If a wife needs to sponsor her husband and does not meet this requirement because of her profession, then she may make a petition to the committee. The wife needs to ensure that she submits proper documents and requirements for better chances of getting an approval for the visa.

You must submit all the required documents and application to the Docman. Once submitted, we will further submit your visa application online. It will take about 3 days to get an approval. You will receive an email or an SMS to get your visa stamped on the passport, once your application is approved.

Documents required for spouse visa

Here is a list of documents that you will require to submit when applying for spouse visa in Dubai or UAE.

  • Complete application form
  • An attested copy of your salary certificate (in Arabic)
  • Your marriage certificate that should be attested by MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
  • Your tenancy contract that should be attested by Ejari.
  • Your passport’s photocopy (colored)
  • Photocopy of your visa page
  • Your spouse’s passport photocopy
  • Your passport sized photo.

Step by step procedure in applying for spousal visa

  • Fill out the residence visa application form at a registered typing center.
  • Submit the documents at the DNRD office and then wait for getting the approval. Your documents shall be reviewed and if everything is good your application shall be approved. You must then pay the necessary fee and then get a temporary wife visa Dubai of two months. This will allow your spouse to enter Dubai and get his/medical tests done during this period.
  • For the medical exam you will again need to apply for it at the typing center. Here your spouse will be provided with the necessary documents that are needed to present to Dubai Health Authority (DHA) when having the test.
  • After passing the medical tests, your spouse’s temporary residence visa status will be changed to permanent residence visa that will be stamped on his/her passport. You must also apply for Emirates ID in the typing center.

Renewing your residence visa

You must get your husband’s or wife’s residence visa renewed as soon as it is expired, if you want him/her to continue living in the Emirates without any fines or legal consequences. Your spouse will be granted a grace period of 30 days by the relevant General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) to renew his/her visa and live in the country without paying any fine.

As per the UAE immigration fines’ system, your spouse would have to pay the below mentioned fine, after his or her visa expires:

  • 25 Dirhams/day for the first 6 months (180 days)
  • 50 Dirhams/ day during the second 6 months (180 days)
  • 100 Dirhams/ day after passing a year and more.

Requirements for renewal

The conditions and requirements for your husband or wife visa renewal Dubai are same as those followed when you got a resident visa for him/her for the first time.

Basic requirements include:

  • You must have a valid residence visa for sponsoring your spouse
  • Your spouse must have a renewed identity card issued from ICA, or must have the original registration receipt showing that you have applied for his/her visa renewal with ICA.

The following documents are needed:

  • A registered application for renewal of residency permit
  • Original passport of your spouse
  • His/her colored photograph
  • A copy of your spouse’s employment contract or company contract for investors
  • A salary certificate from your employer that states your monthly salary
  • Legal marriage certificate
  • Latest utility bill

Put Docman at your service

Other Services